Few Amazing Facts About INDIAN Tourism
Amazing Facts about India Tourism:
Let’s have a look at some amazing facts about Indian Tourism which we do not know or may not remember. Indian Tourism is vast and has varieties.
- Nainital in Uttarakhand houses the highest yachting ground in the world.
- Cherrapunji in Meghalaya is the world’s wettest place.
- Taj Mahal receives the highest number of tourists every year irrespective of religion. According to a report, in 2014, on weekend of Diwali around 1.5Lakh tourists visited Taj Mahal.
- Mawlynong in Meghalaya is Asia’s cleanest village.
- Manali is one of the best-known hill station in India.
- Wild Ass Sanctuary in Gujarat is the only place to find endangered Indian Wild Asses.
- Tirumala Venkateswara Temple is the richest temple in the world in terms of donations. India has the second largest network of roads in the world.
- Kolkata Book Fair is the largest book fair in the world.
- Outside UK, the Royal Calcutta Golf Club is the oldest golf club.
- During annual Brahmotsavam, around 500,000 devotees visit Tirupati Temple and it makes Tirupati one of the most-visited holy places in the world.
- Khardung La is the highest motorable pass in the world which is open to the travelers.
- Indian cuisine is the oldest continuously prepared cuisine in human history.
- The Indian Himalaya boasts nine of the ten highest peaks in the world.
- India houses around 300,000 mosques.
- Nalanda University in Bihar is one of the oldest universities in the world.
- Varanasi is one of the oldest cities in the world.
- India boasts 60% of the total tiger population of the world.
- Bollywood produces the highest number of films in the world.
- The world’s highest cricket ground is in Chail, Himachal Pradesh.
- Eden Garden (Kolkata) is the second largest Cricket Ground in the world.
- Khari Baoli in Delhi is the largest Spice Market in Asia.
Tags: Facts to know about India, India, India Guide, Indian tour guide, Indian Tourism, Taj Mahal